How to start with Canva – “An easy graphic design Free tool”
Canva.com is a free graphic design tool that helps you create a visual design quickly and easily for your social account.
You can create beautiful designs for work, school and fun in a minute—no design skills necessary. Canva is easy to use and full of possibility. Canva is to allow you to design anything and publish anywhere.
This article will help you with starting Canva easily and quickly. so, you can start designing with Canva. To learn more about Canva you can check my other blogs
Here’s what you’ll learn in this article:
- How to create your account with Canva
- Familiarise with Canva
- Familiarise with Canva editor
- Creating your first design
- Publishing your design
1. Create Canva Account
Creating an account with Canva is easy. You can choose the signup route by entering your email address and choosing a password. Or, you can use one of your social media accounts. Simply connect your business’s Facebook or Google+ account and you’re ready to go.
- Enter canva.com in your URL address
- Click on sign up option
- Fill up the details
- Then your account is ready to create some awesome design
You will get a personal account by default which is no different to any others in regards to the features. There is an option to pay for upgradable features but we would advise testing out the free version before committing to anything you don’t need.
2. Familiarizing with Canva
- Once you finish signing up, you’ll land on the homepage.
- To start designing, click Create a design or simply type your chosen design type into the search bar
- The menu on the right also allows you to navigate to your brand kit, design folders, team stream, and account settings.
- Canva has pre-set the ideal dimensions for each design type
- You can also set custom dimensions by click on “custom”.
3. Familiarizing with Canva editor
- Once you decide the kind of design you will create; you will land on canva editor
- To help you get familiarized with the parts of the editor, here are its most basic parts
- Menu bar – This is the menu bar on the very top of the editor. From here, you’ll be able to access the features like Undo, Redo, Resize, Share, Download, Order prints, and others. You’ll also be able to see your design’s saving status from here.
- Side panel – This panel that appears on the side of the editor is where you’ll be able to access the templates and elements you can use in your design. It’s divided into 6 tabs dedicated to Templates, Images, Text, Uploads, Folders, and Apps.
- Canvas – At first, this is the blank white space occupying the majority of the editor. Consider this your main workspace since this is where you’ll work on your designs.
4.Creating your first design
- Click on templates to choose a template.
- change the text, design, color, background image by clicking on a template in the canvas area.
5. Publishing your design
- Publish your design by click on the publish button and choose the platform which you want to publish on.
- You can also download your design by clicking on the download option.
Now you are familiar with canva graphic designing tool. Now you can create a more creative design and edit them in just minutes.
To learn more about using canva in different ways you can check my other blogs.